The 威廉希尔足球中文网站’s internship program will immerse the student in the state legislative process and public policy matters to effectively advocate on behalf of the business community. Additionally the individual will be introduced to the organizational structure of a large non-profit, membership-driven organization which offers various programs to support the productivity and growth of its member businesses. This internship will be a hybrid-style opportunity with both in-person and work from home roles.
- Bill tracking: Updating the status of legislative proposals during the legislative session.
- Committee Monitoring: Attending legislative committees, 记笔记, and reporting the action of the committees. Also tending to the needs of the Chamber’s internal set of committees including meeting set up and correspondence.
- Document Preparation: Preparing documents for the Chamber’s Public Affairs and issues committees such as fact sheets and bill summaries, as well as providing updates for Chamber publications including newsletters, 新闻稿, 和博客文章.
- City of Phoenix: The intern will also be responsible for attending several council meetings and briefing Public Affairs staff on issues at the city level, in addition to work at the state level.
- Interacting with legislators, 立法人员, 商会成员企业, 市政府官员/员工, and other various elected officials.
Candidate Skills and Qualifications
- Applicants must be current students for a Bachelor’s degree at one of Arizona’s participating universities and have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher at the time of application.
- Have a general understanding of the Arizona legislative process that is necessary for the passage of a law.
- Interns do not need to be political science majors or know 详细的 information about the legislative process. The Chamber’s Public Affairs team will teach you everything you need to know! The most important attributes of an intern are enthusiasm, a willingness to learn through hands-on experience, and interest in political advocacy. Students from all academic disciplines are encouraged to apply.
补偿 & 就业方面
- 每小时工资12美元.15 per hour for 20 hours per week at the Chamber from January through early May.
- The Chamber will work with the student to obtain college credit for the internship.
For more information or to apply, please submit a cover letter, resume and a brief writing sample to Jen Springman, 公共事务经理, by email at jspringman@凤凰城chamber.com. Deadline for application is 5 p.m. 2021年10月15日.